- Boot off of install media, as usual.
- Hit Shift-F10 to open a command prompt.
- It should open in X:\\sources, CD into X:\\sources\\recovery.
- run RecEnv.exe
- Hit next on the Select your keyboard layout window, then click load drivers.
- Browse for and load your unsupported SATA drivers.
- Leave the recovery window open, and continue with installation, your unsupported hard drives should now appear.
EDIT: This should also work for Windows 7 and possibly 8 (Haven’t tried). You may need to boot with signature checking disabled.